Green Alley Award 2017
- The Green Alley Award 2017 is hosted by Germany-based Green Alley Investment GmbH (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Landbell AG für Rückhol-Systeme) and ERP Finland in cooperation with Seedmatch GmbH, Bethnal Green Ventures, an accelerator programme of Social Innovation Camp Ltd, H2 Compliance as well as R2PI (Horizon 2020). (collectively hereinafter referred to as the “Organiser”).
- Persons eligible to participate: Individuals and groups developing their own business idea in the area described in point 3 (below) and who wish to start a business on this basis, as well as young companies or start-ups in the start-up and growth phase and doing business in the area described in point 3. Winners of previous Green Alley Award competitions are excluded from participation. Finalists and other participants from previous Green Alley Award competitions may apply again for the current competition by submitting the required application documents. Such participants will join the competition at the current terms and conditions and will not be dealt with separately.
- Eligible projects: Only concepts and business ideas related to the topic of the “circular economy” which deal specifically with issues of waste and the use of resources are eligible to participate in the 2017 competition.
- Submission of all application documents is to be made exclusively online via an application form on our website www.green-alley-award.com or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A registration fee is not charged.
- The application must be submitted in the correct format and prior to our submission deadline. For information on the correct submission format please see the specified Application Guidelines for the Green Alley Award 2017 on our website www.green-alley-award.com. The submission deadline is July 25, 2017, 0:00 CET. Any extension of the application period will be announced on www.green-alley-award.com in due time by the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to terminate the competition at any time for any reason. No participant may claim for damages of any nature in such case.
- The application must be submitted in English. All provided information must be complete and true. Documents submitted in the course of the application or the competition will not be returned.
- In the first stage of the competition, the application documents will be assessed in a non-public selection process by an expert panel. The expert panel will select participants who meet the evaluation criteria to participate in a workshop and in a pitch event. The decisions of the expert panel will be communicated via e-mail to the respective participants. Any legal action against any decision of the expert panel is excluded and participants waive their rights for any such actions by applying for the competition.
- In the second stage of the competition, participants will be evaluated in an open competition by a jury consisting of experts in the field of the green economy and small businesses. For this stage, a maximum of six participants will be invited to present their business idea in a five-minute presentation in Berlin, Germany. Such nominees will be informed of their nomination at least three weeks prior to the presentation. The jury will select a winner based on the presentation held at this event and the submitted application documents. The jury's decisions will not be justified. Any legal action against any decision of the jury is excluded and participants waive their rights for any such actions by applying for the competition.
- The jury and the expert panel may seek advice from third party experts if required.
- The winner of the Green Alley Award 2017 is awarded: a cash prize totalling 7,000 Euro; a customised one-day workshop with a topic to choose (E-Commerce/Online-Marketing and -Strategies or Organisational development);
dedicated PR support for at least 1/2 year; speaker placement; free tickets for SLUSH, a start-up event in Helsinki (including travelling costs for up to two persons); a free annual subscription to RECYCLING magazine; the possibility to receive crowdfunding, or to take part in a UK accelerator programme; the possibility to pitch in front of the Green Alley management board for an investment and more to come. The prize money may only be used for the further development of the business idea. The prizes are subject to tax and must, therefore, be subject to the relevant income tax or corporation tax. Except for the prize money, cash payment of the other prize components may not be requested.
- For the avoidance of doubt, participation in the competition or the winning of the competition does not constitute an entitlement of any participant to further investments by Green Alley Investment GmbH, crowdfunding through Seedmatch GmbH, or participation in the accelerator programme of Bethnal Green Ventures.
- The finalists of the second stage of the competition and the winner of the competition are announced publicly. The content of this publication will be decided upon in consultation with the finalists and the winner. If required for the competition, participants taking part in the second stage of the competition will be integrated into the press work of the Organiser. The Organiser will also release a detailed message on the second stage of the competition in the form of a press release.
- Communications and publications related to the competition in the form of press releases, messages and articles can also be put online (web pages, newsletters, social media). The participant agrees to this form of publication by applying to the competition.
- By applying to the competition, the participant guarantees that the information provided by the participant in the course of the Green Alley Awards 2017, consisting of, inter alia: information, materials, presentations, speeches, documents, and other expressions of the participant, does not constitute or provide for any violation of any rights of third parties. The Organiser cannot be held liable for the infringement of third party rights by the submissions made by the participants. The Organiser does not guarantee that the participants will not infringe any third party rights. If it turns out that a participant has violated the rights of third parties, the Organiser reserves the right to withdraw any awarded prizes from these participants, without entitlement to compensation, or to exclude these participants from the competition with immediate effect. The participant is liable for all claims and damages arising from the violation of the rights of third parties. The participant is liable for any damage caused to the Organiser by the infringement of this requirement by the participant. These liability regulations shall apply to all services provided during the competition by the Organiser.
- Any participation in the competition (including any discussion, evaluation and distribution of prize money) is made by the participant with the express exclusion of any legal action by the participant. The Organiser reserves the right to exclude participants from the competition in the first stage of the competition without providing reasons. There is no entitlement to participation or publication. The Organiser reserves the right to exclude participants at any stage of the competition at any time without providing reasons.
- Please be aware that some of the expert sessions at the Green Alley Award, as well as the event in the evening, will be filmed and photographed. Films and photographs will be available at www.green-alley-award.com. Participants can request the removal of such pictures and videos in which they are portrayed at any given time.