Terms and Conditions
Green Alley Award 2019
1. Green Alley Award. The Green Alley Award 2019 is hosted by Germany-based Green Alley Investment GmbH (hereinafter referred to as the “Organiser”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Landbell AG für Rückhol-Systeme, in cooperation with the sponsors identified on our website. By submitting an application, the participant has agreed to the following terms and conditions of the Green Alley Awards 2019.
2. Eligibility. The participants shall meet the follwoing conditions to participate in the Green Alley Award:
(a) Persons: Individuals and groups developing their own business idea in the area described in point 3 (below) and who wish to start a business on this basis, as well as young companies or startups in the startup and growth phase and doing business in the area described in point 3. Winners of previous Green Alley Award competitions are excluded from participation. Finalists and other participants from previous Green Alley Award competitions may apply again for the current competition by submitting the required application documents. Such participants will join the competition at the current terms and conditions and will not be dealt with separately.
(b) Countries: Since the Green Alley Award 2019 is a European business competition, only startups located in Europe are allowed to apply.
(c) Projects: Only business models related to the topic of the “circular economy” which deal specifically with digital circular economy, recycling and the prevention of waste are eligible to participate in the 2019 competition.
3. Submission. The participants shall apply through the following procedure to participate in the Green Alley Award:
(a) Method. Submission of all application documents is to be made exclusively online via an application form on our website www.green-alley-award.com/apply. No registration fee is charged by the Organiser.
(b) Format and deadline. The application must be submitted in the correct format and prior to our submission deadline. For information on the correct submission format please see the specified Application Guidelines for the Green Alley Award 2019 on our website green-alley-award.com. The submission deadline is 25 June 2019, 0:00 CET. Any extension of the application period will be announced on www.green-alley-award.com in due time by the Organiser.
(c) Language. The application must be submitted in English. All provided information must be complete and true. Documents submitted in the course of the application or the competition will not be returned.
4. Competition. The Organiser will manage the competition as follows:
(a) First stage. In the first stage of the competition, the application documents will be assessed in a non-public selection process by an expert panel. The expert panel will select participants who meet the evaluation criteria to participate in a workshop and in a pitch event. The decisions of the expert panel will be communicated via e-mail to the respective participants. Any legal action against any decision of the expert panel is excluded and participants waive their rights for any such actions by applying for the competition.
(b) Second stage. In the second stage of the competition, participants will be evaluated in an open competition by a jury consisting of experts in the field of the circular economy and small businesses. The jury and the expert panel may seek advice from third party experts if required. For this stage, a maximum of six participants will be invited to present their business idea in a five-minute presentation in Berlin, Germany. Such nominees will be informed of their nomination at least three weeks prior to the presentation. The jury will select a winner based on the presentation held at this event and the submitted application documents. The jury’s decisions will not be justified. Any legal action against any decision of the jury is excluded and participants waive their rights for any such actions by applying for the competition.
(c) Finalists. Winner‘prize. The winner of the Green Alley Award 2019 is awarded a cash prize totalling 25,000 Euro. The prize money may only be used for the further development of the business idea. The prizes are subject to tax and must, therefore, be subject to the relevant income tax or corporation tax.
5. Communication of participants information. Information provided by the participants may be used by the organisers as needed to organise and execute the Green Alley Award. The participants agrees that information about the project will be included in communications and publications related to the competition in the form of press releases, messages and articles which can also be made avalaible online (web pages, newsletters, social media).
In particular, the finalists of the second stage of the competition and the winner of the competition are announced publicly. The content of this publication will be decided upon in consultation with the finalists and the winner. If required for the competition, participants taking part in the second stage of the competition will be integrated into the press work of the Organiser. The Organiser will also release a detailed message on the second stage of the competition in the form of a press release.
6. Third parties‘ rights. By applying to the competition, the participant guarantees that the information provided by the participant in the course of the Green Alley Awards 2019, consisting of, inter alia: information, materials, presentations, speeches, documents, and other expressions of the participant, does not constitute or provide for any violation of any rights of third parties. The Organiser cannot be held liable for the infringement of third party rights by the submissions made by the participants. The Organiser does not guarantee that the participants will not infringe any third party rights. If it turns out that a participant has violated the rights of third parties, the Organiser reserves the right to withdraw any awarded prizes from these participants, without entitlement to compensation, or to exclude these participants from the competition with immediate effect. The participant is liable for all claims and damages arising from the violation of the rights of third parties. The participant is liable for any damage caused to the Organiser by the infringement of this requirement by the participant. These liability regulations shall apply to all services provided during the competition by the Organiser.
7. Limitations. Any participation in the competition (including any discussion, evaluation and distribution of prize money) is made by the Participant with the express exclusion of any legal action by the participant. There is no entitlement to participation or publication. For the avoidance of doubt, participation in the competition or the winning of the competition does not constitute an entitlement of any participant to further investments by Green Alley Investment GmbH, crowdfunding through Seedmatch GmbH, or participation in the accelerator programme of Bethnal Green Ventures.
8. Early termination. The Organiser reserves the right to exclude participants at any stage of the competition at any time without providing reasons. The Organiser reserves the right to terminate the competition at any time for any reason. No participant may claim for damages of any nature in such case.